I’ve been using a SkyCaddie for the better part of 2 years, and I’ve always balked at purchasing a cart mount system for the unit. Why? Because SkyCaddie wants more than $50 for the darn thing, and that just seemed excessive. So it generally, it ended up sitting in the cup holder or hooked onto my bag, neither of which is a very good option. Fortunately, there’s a great alternative to the OEM SkyCaddie mount and it’s called the Caddie Buddy.
The guys over at Caddie Buddy were nice enough to send us one to test out and after putting it through it’s paces, the Caddie Buddy passes with high marks. Here’s some of what we really like about the device.
- Ready to go out of the box. No set up whatsoever. Just clamp it on and go.
- Price is only $19.95. This is the best part. You could buy 2 of these for less than the cost of the OEM unit.
- Solid mounting system. No worries of your GPS unit bouncing down the cart path
- Great articulation. Moves into various positions so you and the cart driver can see the unit.
- Works on pull/push carts as well. If you’re a walker, this is a great feature for you.
- High quality ABS plastic isn’t going to break down anytime soon.
- Compatible with almost every Golf GPS Unit with a belt clip attachment – click here to see the list
If you own a SkyCaddie or other golf GPS unit, you definitely should pick up a Caddie Buddy. Not only will it let you view your yardages much easier, but it will keep your GPS device safe and out of the way. You can see additional photos and get ordering information at their website. www.CaddieBuddy.com.