Can Rory McIlroy Finish the Job This Time?

Ok, as of Saturday morning, Rory is 6 shots ahead of the nearest competitor Y.E. Yang.  He’s already broken a handful of U.S. Open records in getting to -11 after 36 holes of play.  If he keeps up this pace, we’ll be looking at another Tiger 2000 U.S. Open, BUT…..does McIlroy have the stones to get it done on Sunday?   Or are we going to see another Masters back 9 meltdown.  Personally, I think he’s got this one, but we won’t know for sure till Sunday afternoon.

What do you think, can Rory take it wire to wire for his first Major, or will it be a choke fest?

Author:

6 Replies to “Can Rory McIlroy Finish the Job This Time?”
  • Gary Purinton
    June 19, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Unbelievable! NBC starts its intro to the US Open with a very patriotic flag waving montage with children reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and they edited out “under God”. What a sorry world this has become. I just turned off the US Open.

• Christian • Post Author •
      June 20, 2011 at 11:03 am

I saw that. Unbelievable. One of the commentators later made a statement about the piece and being sorry if people were offended. People are just too damn uptight.

• www.jasonsgolfcarts.com
    June 20, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I was unsure if it was intentional. Has anyone heard if they did it on purpose or just coincidence?

• Colorado Golf Coupons
    June 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Well, Roy put to rest the choke label….very convincingly. Now, in one week, he went from “choker” to the guy most likely to break Nicklaus’ record for most majors. Time will tell.

• Golf blog
    July 19, 2011 at 6:19 am

Only time will tell, we shall wait and see. Let us talk about something more constructive.

http://www.teewrite.com – Home of the pencil golf tee

• Ben Leonard
    July 26, 2011 at 9:39 am

I used to play with Rory when I was younger! He was good then and everyone knew how good he could become!

Comments are closed.