Chopra Makes 2 Aces in a Single Round…How Many Do You Have?

Are you kidding me.  Daniel Chopra makes to aces in one round?  Apparently the odds of this happening (for a golfer of average skill) are 64 million to one.  So if you have to buy the drinks when you make a hole in one, what the heck do you do if you make 2 in one round?  I think drinks for everyone on the golf course is in order?

All that being said, I don’t have a hole in one to my name.  How many have you made?

Author:

17 Replies to “Chopra Makes 2 Aces in a Single Round…How Many Do You Have?”
  • Athletic Golf Training
    February 8, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I’ve only got one to my name as well. I do have a friend who has 4 though!

• Steve
    February 9, 2012 at 9:43 am

Chopra was definitely on cloud 9!.. as you said the statistics for this are astronomical and probably won’t happen for anyone anytime soon!

I got one in 1996 at a scramble tournament and it was pure luck as the conditions were not favorable.

It was a Par 3 and the wind was howling from the left off the tee box. Up where the Flag was, about 155 yards away the flag was blowing the opposite way. I clubbed down with a 5 iron and after I hit it I immediately remember swearing because I hit it fat. Turns out.. if I connected it would have flown over the green!

The ball hit to the right of the cup and made a ever so slight veering motion to the left and the ball went out of sight and everyone at the hole started yelling!

I didn’t even see it go in, but when I got up to the cup it was very cool!

I remember the course owner gave me a free round for 2 people and the tournament sponsor gave me a check for $500 dollars and other sponsors gave me a lot of Swag!!

Even though it is customary to buy rounds.. the club house picked up the tab!

So, all in all getting an Ace is a pretty cool moment and the memory is forever!

• Jack
    February 9, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I would be on Cloud nine too and would buy drinks too! lol

• A Healthy Golf Obsession
    February 9, 2012 at 9:53 pm

That is unreal. 2 in one day? I also read recently a high school female golfer did the same thing in a tournament recently. Can you believe it?

I am in the same boat as you — no ace to my name! I want one so bad that I think about it on the tee of almost every single par three – what my reaction would be, how cool it would be to buy the drinks. When I play by myself, I almost don’t want to play the par threes because I am terrified that the Golfing Gods will give me an ace when the only person to witness the feat is…me!

• Brett
    February 14, 2012 at 6:51 pm

0 – not happy about it but – 0

• FixingDivots
    February 16, 2012 at 12:54 am

Amazing to think with all the great shots that get hit and don’t get in that you could get two in one round! I have two, but it took many years before getting the first. The second one came a year later though, so maybe they do come in bunches. One was a great shot. The other was solid but took some luck (wind pushing the right amount).

• Brett @ golf lessons
    February 21, 2012 at 1:35 am

I have four to date and two were in playing lessons. wow! two in one round. Just incrediable

• Shane Andrews
    February 21, 2012 at 12:52 pm

1 so far 🙂

• Ping Golf Clubs
    February 21, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I would be buying everyone a round after that…. I got a hole in one once when I was 10 years old. My grandfather was a golfer (tournament) in the 60’s-70’s. He was just as blown away as I was when I made that shot.

• Golfguy
    February 28, 2012 at 10:46 am

So crazy what the skill level of the pros is, they are just on a whole higher level than the average.

• MsTwilight
    February 29, 2012 at 9:17 am

I made my first hole-in-one last October. I was playing terribly for the first four holes, and almost stopped keeping score. Then I gathered my focus and took aim at the flag at the fifth hole, which was a 105-yard par 3. The ball landed about a foot in front of the cup and rolled in. I had 3 witnesses to my ace, including my husband. It was an awesome feeling!

Would be nice to make an ace at one of those million-dollar hole-in-one contests though!

• Jack
    February 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I would definitely be on cloud nine. Incredible!

• pete
    February 29, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I can’t say I made an ace. So far this year I can’t even hit the 9 iron. Maybe my last year at this game, but just maybe when the thermometer goes higher than 60 for a whole week maybe my swing will come back.

• Daniel McNally
    March 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Thats nothing. Kim Jong Il got 11 hole in ones in one round. Thats why he was the best golfer to ever play the game. True story!

Anywho, I can’t imagine the elation that chropra felt, even after one ace, let alone two. Heck i’d be happy with an eagle!

• Keith Johnson
    March 13, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Made 7 total. First one was the day before I turned 21 (quite a few years ago by the way) and it was to tie the hole! We were front page over the fold in the local weekly newspaper!

Friend of mine has 13 including 2 last year on the same hole back to back days…..saw them both….won money on one since he was my partner on that hole!!!!!!!

• Ray Hocking
    March 19, 2012 at 9:11 am

Wow two in one round thats amazing. I’ve only ever come close, like a few inches. Incredible.

• Christian • Post Author •
      March 19, 2012 at 10:05 am

That’s about as close as I’ve come. It was always when I was playing by myself. I’d really hate to have a HIO with no one there to see it.

Comments are closed.