Chopra Makes 2 Aces in a Single Round…How Many Do You Have?

Are you kidding me.  Daniel Chopra makes to aces in one round?  Apparently the odds of this happening (for a golfer of average skill) are 64 million to one.  So if you have to buy the drinks when you make a hole in one, what the heck do you do if you make 2 in one round?  I think drinks for everyone on the golf course is in order?

All that being said, I don’t have a hole in one to my name.  How many have you made?

17 Responses to “Chopra Makes 2 Aces in a Single Round…How Many Do You Have?”

1. I’ve only got one to my name as well. I do have a friend who has 4 though!

2. Steve says:

Chopra was definitely on cloud 9!.. as you said the statistics for this are astronomical and probably won’t happen for anyone anytime soon!

I got one in 1996 at a scramble tournament and it was pure luck as the conditions were not favorable.

It was a Par 3 and the wind was howling from the left off the tee box. Up where the Flag was, about 155 yards away the flag was blowing the opposite way. I clubbed down with a 5 iron and after I hit it I immediately remember swearing because I hit it fat. Turns out.. if I connected it would have flown over the green!

The ball hit to the right of the cup and made a ever so slight veering motion to the left and the ball went out of sight and everyone at the hole started yelling!

I didn’t even see it go in, but when I got up to the cup it was very cool!

I remember the course owner gave me a free round for 2 people and the tournament sponsor gave me a check for $500 dollars and other sponsors gave me a lot of Swag!!

Even though it is customary to buy rounds.. the club house picked up the tab!

So, all in all getting an Ace is a pretty cool moment and the memory is forever!

3. Jack says:

I would be on Cloud nine too and would buy drinks too! lol

4. That is unreal. 2 in one day? I also read recently a high school female golfer did the same thing in a tournament recently. Can you believe it?

I am in the same boat as you — no ace to my name! I want one so bad that I think about it on the tee of almost every single par three – what my reaction would be, how cool it would be to buy the drinks. When I play by myself, I almost don’t want to play the par threes because I am terrified that the Golfing Gods will give me an ace when the only person to witness the feat is…me!

5. Brett says:

0 – not happy about it but – 0

6. FixingDivots says:

Amazing to think with all the great shots that get hit and don’t get in that you could get two in one round! I have two, but it took many years before getting the first. The second one came a year later though, so maybe they do come in bunches. One was a great shot. The other was solid but took some luck (wind pushing the right amount).

7. I have four to date and two were in playing lessons. wow! two in one round. Just incrediable

8. I would be buying everyone a round after that…. I got a hole in one once when I was 10 years old. My grandfather was a golfer (tournament) in the 60’s-70’s. He was just as blown away as I was when I made that shot.

9. Golfguy says:

So crazy what the skill level of the pros is, they are just on a whole higher level than the average.

10. MsTwilight says:

I made my first hole-in-one last October. I was playing terribly for the first four holes, and almost stopped keeping score. Then I gathered my focus and took aim at the flag at the fifth hole, which was a 105-yard par 3. The ball landed about a foot in front of the cup and rolled in. I had 3 witnesses to my ace, including my husband. It was an awesome feeling!

Would be nice to make an ace at one of those million-dollar hole-in-one contests though!

11. Jack says:

I would definitely be on cloud nine. Incredible!

12. pete says:

I can’t say I made an ace. So far this year I can’t even hit the 9 iron. Maybe my last year at this game, but just maybe when the thermometer goes higher than 60 for a whole week maybe my swing will come back.

13. Thats nothing. Kim Jong Il got 11 hole in ones in one round. Thats why he was the best golfer to ever play the game. True story!

Anywho, I can’t imagine the elation that chropra felt, even after one ace, let alone two. Heck i’d be happy with an eagle!

14. Made 7 total. First one was the day before I turned 21 (quite a few years ago by the way) and it was to tie the hole! We were front page over the fold in the local weekly newspaper!

Friend of mine has 13 including 2 last year on the same hole back to back days…..saw them both….won money on one since he was my partner on that hole!!!!!!!

15. Ray Hocking says:

Wow two in one round thats amazing. I’ve only ever come close, like a few inches. Incredible.

• Christian says:

That’s about as close as I’ve come. It was always when I was playing by myself. I’d really hate to have a HIO with no one there to see it.